Once again this year Saint John Lutheran Church has committed to help fund and build a Habitat home for a family in need in San Antonio. Working in collaboration with other Lutheran Churches, the Lutheran Cluster continues this mission of hope, and works towards giving a family a new life. This year’s family will be available for a ‘Meet the Family’ night on a date yet to be determined. Check back often for updates.
Homeownership through Habitat, is so much more than a safe, affordable home for a family in need. Together we provide families a way to end the desperate cycle of poverty where every day is a struggle to survive. Together we provide hope and share God’s love through our dedication and service to those in need. Together we lift up families and communities and make our city a better place for everyone! But this is only possible though the generosity of this congregation!!
We will need volunteers for Saturday, September 14th. No special skills are needed and ages 14 and up are welcome! We will have a sign up form available as the event gets closer, so check back often!
THESE ARE ALWAYS FUN DAYS OF SERVICE AND FELLOWSHIP! TRANSPORTATION AND LUNCH WILL BE PROVIDED.
We are also looking for people to help with providing lunch for this event. If you can help, please contact Scott Rutherford at: email@example.com
Contact Scott Rutherford with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for volunteering!
We will have everything you need on-site: the tools, the training, and even the sunscreen.
By including your email in the sign up form, you will get reminders and special notices about this build, including last-minute construction updates if there are changes due to weather.
- Location of the build site: Lenwood Heights
5207 Enid St, San Antonio, TX 78237
- Check in at 7:45 am and work is completed by 3 pm.
- Click here for Typical Construction Day and Age Regulations
- Please remember closed-toed shoes are required for all, even lunch providers. I also recommend bringing your own water bottle to cut down trash on site.
- Adult Volunteer Waivers can be completed on-site or printed out and turned in when you arrive.
- Under 18 Volunteer Waivers will be available on site but must have a guardian’s signature for the minor to be able to work.