Friends N Faith Groups at St. John Lutheran are small groups within the congregation, formed each January, for the purpose of helping members get to know fellow members and develop friendships out of this community of faith. The groups are centered around various activities that define each group but all are meant to:
- Help members know one another and foster friendships between members in Christian fellowship
- Provide a specific group to whom each participant becomes a primary minister to fellow members of the group, caring for and encouraging one another in their faith journey
- Provide the context for the group to provide service and ministry beyond the group
Current FNF Groups:
Below is a list of our current Friends ‘N Faith Groups, when they meet, and who to contact if you’re interested in attending:
- LUNCH BUNCH: This group meets on the 2nd Thursday of each month at 12:00 p.m. at different restaurants. Contact Elizabeth Markell at 830-755-4410.
- EAT OUT GROUP: This group meets on the 3rd Thursday of each month at 6:30 pm at different restaurants .Contact Kjell & Arliss Oliverson at 830-981-8501.
- DOMINOES: This group meets on the 1st Sunday of each month at 6:00p.m. in Luther Hall. Contact Patsy Brehmer at 830-816-2221.
- 84 DOMINOES: This group meets on the 5th Sunday of the month at 6 pm in Luther Hall. Contact Dave Smith at 830-537-9120.
- HAND AND FOOT CANASTA: This group meets on the 3rd and 4th Sundays of each month at 6:00 p.m. Contact Dave Smith at 830-537-9120.
- QUILTING: This group meets on the 1st and 2nd Monday of each month from 9-11 am to make quilts for LWR, & Our Daily Bread ministry. Contact Doris Beath at 210-698-2737
- BASKETBALL: This group meets every Monday at 7:00 p.m. in the Family Life Center. Contact Zack Fisher at 830-816-4452.
- FABULOUS FOLDERS: This group meets every Friday morning in room 212 at 9:00 a.m. to fold bulletins. Contact Deneice Cheves at the church office at 830-249-3651.
- MARVELOUS MAILERS: This group meets as needed to help with church mailings. Contact Deneice Cheves at the church office. 830-249-3651
- MEN’S BREAKFAST: This group meets every other Tuesday at 6:30 a.m. in the Small Dining Room. Contact the church office for more information. 830-249-3651
- MEN’S LUNCH: This group meets for lunch every third Monday of the month at Mamacita’s at 11:30 am. For more information, contact Bart Graves during regular business hours at 210-734-8007 or email@example.com.
1 Thessalonians 5:11: “Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.”