Members of the Emergency Response Team are trained church volunteers that provide protection and assistance to the congregation of St. John in the case of any emergency. The Emergency Response Team consists of:
- A Coordinator who is the main person in charge of the ministry
- A Team Leader who is second in charge of the other team members
- Command Center Monitors that man radios and surveillance monitors
- Door Monitors that monitor entrances during all services and events
- A Medical Leader who is the main point of contact for any medical emergency that arises
- Rovers that provide extra coverage and patrol the church campus, interior and exterior.