As a Lutheran congregation, we are committed to guiding children, from a biblical perspective, to learn, believe, and share God’s Word and the love of Christ.
Our Vision for Children:
Our hope for all children and their parents / guardians is that they will find St. John to be a safe, meaningful and inspiring place for learning the stories of the Bible and songs that celebrate the God of the Universe who speaks to us through it. Ultimately, we hope that children will not only be readers of the Word but doers of it as well.
We seek to nurture children and their love of God:
- through weekly gatherings (especially Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings) and through special events such as Milestone celebrations, Bible camp, etc. We hope to lay a foundation of inquisitive and joy filled faith learning.
- by encouraging and creating a foundation for meaningful dialogue and practices. These opportunities are especially important between children and their parents, because that is where faith will be developed the most, within a child’s home.
- by providing support and resources for parents and guardians to: help them better communicate with their child regarding spiritual matters, encourage the reading of the Bible together, and teach them to pray and bless one another. In doing this, parents/guardians fulfill the Deuteronomy 6 passage that speaks of how faith is passed on from generation to generation.
Our lamBs3 need Shepherds!
If you are one of these people…please join us in our mission! We can always use volunteers to help our youth program!
What time is Sunday School and where is it located?
Kids, are you ready to have a BLAST on Sundays?! We meet in the Family Life Center from 9am–10:30am. In our Bible Learning And Sharing Time (also known as Sunday School) you can have breakfast with your parents; engage in fun activities; join in song and dance; hear and experience the Bible story for the day, meet in small groups to discuss how the Bible story can be related to our lives, as well as do an art activity, pray together and who knows what else?! What do you say? Join us.. it will be a BLAST!
Sunday School Schedule:
8:45 am – 11:00 am Food & Fellowship in the Family Life Center
9:30 am Children’s BLAST begins! (Bible Learning and Sharing Time)
Please note: Parents must sign children IN and OUT. Children will not be released without a parent/guardian (18 years or older)
Is there time for us to be together with our children?
FOOD AND FELLOWSHIP
Join us in the Family Life Center for a light breakfast and great fellowship!
We are currently looking or volunteers to help with our Food and Fellowship on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings.
If you are interested in volunteering to host / help with Sunday Breakfasts and/or Wednesday Dinners, please sign up to host a meal or participate in a team to host a meal: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0d4aada728a0f94-sunday. This includes preparation, serving, and clean up. Thank you in advance for your time and service.
Please contact Amy Townsend for questions and/or assistance: email@example.com
Is there nursery available for young children during the worship service?
Yes. The nursery is open for children ages 3 and under during all worship services (8:00am, 9:30am and 10:45am). It is located between the Sanctuary and the Family Life Center.
When you arrive, please visit the Information Desk if you have any further questions or need assistance. For more information, contact Leslie Dominguez at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sundays in February
FEBRUARY 3: blast! The Beginning of the End (Good News, Bad News)
FEBRUARY 10: blast! The Kingdom’s Fall (Prophet of Tears, Prophet of Hope)
FEBRUARY 17: blast! God Watches Over Daniel (Helped by an Angel)
FEBRUARY 24: blast! The Return Home (Homesick No More)
Wednesdays in February
Cross-Generations is for elementary students, too! Nursery services are available!
- First Communion instruction will be Wednesdays, March 20th, 27th & April 3rd with the First Communion Celebration being Sunday, April 7th.
- The Rite of Affirmation of Baptism will be held on Sunday, May 5th (Please note this is a revised date)
- Elementary Camp Chrysalis camp times are set. See our page under events: https://www.stjohnlutheran.com/camp-chrysalis-2019/