Our hope for all young people connected with St. John is that they will be nurtured in strength. Our youth should be fluent in knowing the Word of God and even more fluent in living the Word of God. Thus, they will be equipped for battle against the evil one.
We seek to equip our youth and their families:
- through weekly gatherings (especially Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings) and through special events such as service projects, trips, camps,and retreats. Through these opportunities, this abundant life will be tasted and experienced.
by nurturing meaningful relationships with parents, peers, caring adults, and other intergenerational connections to help deepen the understanding of God and His love and to foster mentoring of what it means to follow Jesus.
- by encouraging questions and sharing struggles and doubts. All thoughts and feelings are welcome here because only in the realness of life can the cross of Christ be truly understood and felt.
- by helping young people to discover their gifts and talents, so that they can know that they truly are vital members of the Body of Christ and are called to help bring about His Kingdom.
- by inviting, challenging and equipping young people to be disciples of Jesus.
Our s3Heep need Shepherds!
If you are one of these people…please join us in our mission! We can always use volunteers to help our youth program!
The Apostle John writes, “I write to you, young people, because you are strong and the word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the evil one.”
– I John 2:14c
Sundays in January – 9:30-10:20am
High School Youth Room #213
Middle School Youth Room #212
JANUARY 6: The Trials of a King
JANUARY 13: The King Who Had It All
JANUARY 20: A Kingdom Torn in Two
JANUARY 27: God’s Messengers
Wednesdays in January:
6:30 p.m. Inter-generational learning and worship time right in the Family Life Center.
ALL AGES wanted and needed!
JANUARY 2: NO Cross-Generations this week
JANUARY 9: “Baptism” – Church Family Groups
JANUARY 16: “Baptism II” – Peer Groups
JANUARY 23: Service Night – Serving Together for the World
JANUARY 30: “Communion”- Church Family Groups
January Events for High Schoolers:
For Juniors and Seniors:
College 101: An Insider’s Guide to Spiritual Success after High School begins Thursday, January 10th at 6pm
We will meet in the Small Dining Room in the Family Life Center. A meal will be served. Below are the following dates of the meals and sessions.
#1. The College Experience – Thursday, January 10th 6pm
#2. Own It: Wear Big Shoes – Sunday, January 13th 6pm
#3. Own It: Be Earthquake Proof – Sunday, February 24th 6pm
#4. Live It: Don’t Be a Trout – Sunday, March 17th 6pm
#5. Live It: Find Your Puzzle – Sunday, April 14th 12 Noon
#6. Share It: Get in the Game – Thursday, April 18th 6pm
January Events for High Schoolers and Middle Schoolers:
Youth Recreation and Fellowship
Sunday Afternoons this January 6th & January 27th at 4:30pm in the Family Life Center. Majority decides: Pickleball, Ninesquare, Basketball, ???
Followed with a meal and Youth Alpha at 5:30pm
Youth Alpha for 6th – 12th Graders
Enjoy a meal in the Small Dining Room of the Family Life Center and a video followed by a discussion.
Sunday, January 6, 5:30pm -7pm. Life: Is This It? and
Sunday, January 27, 5:30pm-7pm Jesus: Who Is He?
FOR OUR CHILDREN:
Ebert Ranch Camp Retreat for Parents & Youth (Grade 6-12)
February 1st – 3rd – REGISTER NOW!
‘The Daring and Dangerous’ Retreat will be full of camp fun and faith challenges! Register by January 18th for Early Bird Pricing. Registration Closes: January 29th. REGISTER HERE: https://www.stjohnlutheran.com/ebert-ranch-camp-retreat-2019/
First Communion Instruction: March 20, March 27 and April 3
First Communion instruction will be Wednesdays, March 20th, 27th and April 3rd, with the First Communion Celebration being held onSunday, April 7th. This is for all 5th graders as well as older students who have yet to receive this instruction.
Camp Chrysalis for Elementary Age Youth: June 23rd – 28th
St. John has reserved spots at Camp Chrysalis for our elementary age youth and their parents for the week of June 23-28, 2019. REGISTER HERE: https://www.stjohnlutheran.com/camp-chrysalis-2019/
FOR OUR YOUTH:
January 18th – 19th
LCMC Youth Night of Praise and Party
A LCMC Youth Night of Praise and All Night Party will be in Seguin for 6th – 12th graders on Friday, January 18th to Saturday, January 19th. This youth event will take place at Faith Lutheran starting at 7pm with dinner and worship. Following will be activities such as 9-square, gaga ball, basketball, volleyball, video games, ping pong, and much more! Food & snacks are provided and there is no cost.
St. John will take the bus leaving at 5:30pm from the east parking lot. Some additional adults are needed to assist in chaperoning. Please contact Matt to help.
Youth Quake – February 22-24
January 13th Registration Deadline
The annual Youth Quake for youth in grades 6 – 12 will be February 22nd – 24th here in San Antonio. Rregister by January 13th: https://www.stjohnlutheran.com/quake-youth-event-2019/
Sr. High Camp EAGLE – June 16-21
Camp Eagle for Senior High students (this year’s 8th – 12th graders) will be held on June 16-21, 2019. The cost for this week long camp is $425, but St. John will pay half the cost for members. $100 Deposit holds your spot. Spaces Limited. (Room for 5 guys & 5 girls)
REGISTER HERE: https://www.stjohnlutheran.com/camp-eagle-2019/
Middle School Camp EAGLE – August 2-7
Camp Eagle/Confirmation Camp for Middle School students (this year’s 5th through 7th graders) is scheduled for August 2 -7, 2019. The cost for this week is $350, but St. John offsets half the cost for members. $100 Deposit holds your spot. Spaces Limited. (Room for 6 guys & 6 girls).
REGISTER HERE: https://www.stjohnlutheran.com/camp-eagle-2019/
FOR FAMILIES AND ALL AGES:
Plan now to be a part of Cross-Generations, Wednesdays from 6pm-7:30pm in the Family Life Center. In the midst of our fellowship / Christ-centered relationship building and service projects, we will be exploring what our church understands sacraments to be all about. This will be on Wednesdays, January 9th – February 27th
January 9th StJLC Family3 Groups – Baptism
January 16th Peer Groups: Teaching & Sharing
January 23rd Family3 Service Project Night
January 30th StJLC Family3 Groups – Communion
January 20, 2019 at 6pm
Faith & Family Spurs Game
Get Your Tickets Now! Join the Spurs to celebrate another year of Faith and Family!
Each ticket purchase will include an exclusive Spurs Faith & Family t-shirt, as well as access to our post-game concert and group prayer featuring the 1910 Worship Band.
If you are interested in going, PLEASE PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS THROUGH THE LINK BELOW TO ENSURE THAT ALL ST. JOHN ATTENDEES WILL BE SEATED TOGETHER!
PURCHASE TICKETS NOW!
- First Communion instruction will be Wednesdays, March 20th, 27th & April 3rd with the First Communion Celebration being Sunday, April 7th.
- Youth Alpha will begin Sunday, January 6th and conclude on Wednesday, May 1st. There will be approximately 2 sessions per month, most likely on Sundays in the late afternoon or early evening.
- Youth Quake will be February 22nd – 24th in San Antonio with early bird registration happening now.
- Confirmands 8th Grade (and older) will begin their final stretch with Mentors starting Wednesday, March 6th.
- The Rite of Affirmation of Baptism will be held on Sunday, May 5th (Please note this is a revised date)
- Teen Life Camp will be held on April 12-14, 2019.
- Graduate Recognition is set for Sunday, May 19th.
- Sr. High Camp EAGLE is scheduled for June 16th-21st, 2019. $100 holds your spot. 5 guy spots and 5 girl spots available.
- Middle School Camp EAGLE is set for August 2nd – 7th, 2019. $100 holds your spot. Room for 5 guys and 5 girls.
- Elementary Camp Chrysalis camp times are being set. See our website for more info. Registration is happening now.
FOOD AND FELLOWSHIP
Join us every Sunday morning in the Family Life Center for a light breakfast and great fellowship!
We are currently looking or volunteers to help with our Food and Fellowship on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings.
If you are interested in volunteering to host / help with Sunday Breakfasts and/or Wednesday Dinners, please sign up to host a meal or participate in a team to host a meal: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0d4aada728a0f94-sunday. This includes preparation, serving, and clean up. Thank you in advance for your time and service.
Please contact Amy Townsend for questions and/or assistance: email@example.com
Jesus explains, “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.” (John 10:10)