What is Operation Christmas Child (OCC)?
- OCC Mission Statement: Demonstrate God’s love in a tangible way to children in need around the world, and together with the local church worldwide, to share the Good News of Jesus Christ
- Shoeboxes opens doors for presenting the Good News of Jesus Christ by working in and through local churches where possible
- Shoeboxes are delivered to more than 150 countries and territories
- In addition to giving children a shoebox and sharing the Gospel, the children receive a colorful booklet designed with kids in mind that shares important biblical stories such as creation, sin, the birth of Jesus, teaching of Jesus, His death, and His resurrection. Many children are invited back to the local church to participate in a discipleship program called The Greatest Journey, a 12-lesson, scripture-based curriculum. The Greatest Journey discipleship lessons are being taught in over 100 countries and in over 70 languages all over the world.
Upcoming Events for OCC
- October 16, 6:00-7:30 OCC Packing Party. This will be part of the Wednesday night Cross-Generations time.
- Hear from a local Boerne teen, Natasha Leininger, that has a passion to serve by packing 10,000 OCC boxes!
- See demonstrations of packing a shoebox
- There will also be an opportunity to take a shoebox home to pack with your family
- November 18-24 – OCC Christmas Box Drop-Off at SJLC
- November 25 – Load OCC Christmas boxes into cartons and load them on a truck
Volunteer and Donation Opportunities:
- Pack a box and drop off at SJLC during Drop-off week
- Donate money! Donations go to directly support the collecting, processing, shipping, and other project costs
- November 18-25 – Assist with manning the church during the OCC Box Drop-Off times
- November 25 – Help pack the OCC boxes into cartons and ready them for loading on a truck for transport
- November 25 – Load the cartons into a truck