Dear St. John family,
St. John’s Executive Council met on May 19, 2020 and discussed updates to the current Sunday plans of StJLC. Here are the changes that have been made:
- For those aged 65+: We are taking necessary and responsible precautions to make our church a safe and healthy environment. We trust you to make a responsible decision for yourself about attending Sunday service in person. The Open Texas guidelines state, “Individuals aged 65 and older should stay home as much as possible.”
- We will only offer Communion on the First Sunday of the month, beginning in June. This is a temporary change until we can recruit more volunteers
- We will no longer plan to use the Family Life Center for overflow seating
- Both parking lots and both sets of doors on either side of the building will be open and available for use.
- Council has decided that it is best to hold off on reinstating Sunday School (both Adult and Children/Youth), nursery, and the 8:00 service at this time. We’ll revisit those topics again in July.